If you have searched our catalog and the item or items you are looking for are not available there are a couple ways we can fulfill your request:
Suggest a Purchase
If you feel this item would be a good addition to the library’s collection you may suggest we purchase the title.
The second option for acquiring items that are not currently available from our catalog is to order the item from another library through Colorado’s Interlibrary Loan Service, called SWIFT. Items that can be requested include books, music cds, audio books, dvds, magazines, and articles. Downloadables, such as eBooks, cannot be shared through interlibrary loan.
Getting Started With Interlibrary Loan
First make sure the Estes Valley Library does not have the item: Search using our library’s catalog
Your request will be filled faster if you search for the item you want in SWIFT using the Get It button.
Go to SWIFT: Make sure to select the ‘Estes Valley Public Library’ before entering your Estes Valley Library card number and PIN (your last name in all capital letters). Your library card number should include all the numbers listed under the barcode, including the slash, but no spaces.
Check the status of your request: You can check the status of your request any time by logging on to Colorado SWIFT. Please allow 10 minutes after submission for requests to appear in your request queue. If the status of your request is unclear, please contact us to get more information.
Your item arrives: An Estes Valley Public Library staff member will contact you when your item or items arrive at the Estes Valley Library.
- Make sure you have chosen the Estes Valley Library from the drop down menu when you sign on to your account.
- Newly published items are often not available through the Colorado SWIFT service because of high levels of demand at the lending libraries.
- Requesting an item that is already held in the Estes Valley Library’s collection or an item that is not available from SWIFT due to high demand will result in the order going to a “No Holdings Found” status. Contact the Estes Valley Library staff for assistance.
- When you are navigating in Colorado SWIFT there is always a ‘Help’ link on the menu at the left side of the page. This link can provide helpful hints for narrowing down searches such as articles.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take? Depending on availability, some items may arrive within 10 days; others may take several weeks
- How many items can I request? Up to seven (7) Interlibrary Loan requests may be active at one time.
- How much does it cost? Over 90% of Interlibrary Loans are done at no direct cost to the patron; items not available in Colorado will incur a charge of $5.00. When placing your order selecting ‘yes’ when asked if you are willing to pay authorizes the Virtual Library to look outside Colorado to fill your order.
- What types of items are not available through Interlibrary Loan? Items in the Estes Valley Library collection; best sellers; newly published items; downloadable items; licensed computer software; entire volumes or issues of periodicals; rare or valuable items.
- How will I know my item has arrived? You will be notified by phone or e-mail when the item arrives.
- How long is the loan period? Loan periods vary and are determined by the lending library. When you pick up an item the due date will be indicated.
- Can I renew my interlibrary loan? Interlibrary loans cannot be renewed.
- What if I cannot find what I want in SWIFT? Log into SWIFT and fill out the Create a Request form. Click Request and we will search for the item for you. However, your request will be filled faster if you are able to search for and find the item in SWIFT