10 Great Reasons for One Book One Valley
- Reading a shared book unites us as a community in a shared dialogue: a page-turning togetherness!
- It inspires conversations across generations and cultures.
- It reminds us that we really DO have time to read during our busy days.
- It invites us to participate in a variety of programs aligned around the book’s themes.
- We appreciate our friends, family and neighbors all the more–as we eagerly discuss their points of view.
- It reconnects us with all the great resources found at our hometown Library.
- It leads us to discover similar books and new authors that we want to read as a result of the experience.
- It’s a great way to celebrate community partnerships, including our great independent bookstore, Macdonald Book Shop.
- It helps us to think, imagine, and dream more deeply.
- It carries on a grand local tradition!