The Estes Valley Public Library District complies with all State and County Health orders. Protection of the health of patrons and staff is of highest priority.
The Library Board of Trustees passed the following addendum to the Patron Behavior Policy in September 2020.
Addendum: COVID-19 Guidelines
In order to respect the safety of staff and other patrons during the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask patrons to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Patrons should not enter the Library building if they are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have recently been in contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- Face coverings are required for all patrons, except children 10 years old and younger, when in the building. Face coverings must meet County requirements and cover the nose and mouth at all times.
- As it is easier to clean patron hands rather than all library materials, upon entering the building, patrons are asked to use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Patrons are expected to keep 6 feet of physical distancing between themselves and others, with the exception of people from their own party.
- Patrons are expected to adhere to all signage and staff requests related to COVID-19 requirements.
- Staff may restrict patron use of library areas and services as required for cleaning or physical distancing.
- We will not be allowing food, only drinks (water bottles or cans). Please enjoy your food outside.
In the case where a patron cannot comply with the above requirements, including if they cannot medically tolerate a mask, building access will not be granted. Instead, we offer a variety of accommodations including curbside pickup, Book-a-Librarian services for remote reference assistance, Just for You, which provides personalized recommendations for books and media, as well as laptop lending and 24/7 outdoor WiFi.
Library staff stay attuned to their health before coming to work. Masks are mandatory, gloves are used when dealing with non-quarantined materials and social distancing is practiced.
Library staff clean computer keyboards and mice, tabletops and other public use surfaces once an hour.
Items returned to the Library are quarantined for 3 days.