The Estes Valley Library (Library) acknowledges that public relations involve every person who has connection with the Library. Each Trustee, staff member and volunteer should recognize that they represent the Library in their contact with the public. Good service supports good public relations.
Further, the Library acknowledges that communications with patrons, community members, governmental organizations, news media, and staff is essential for the welfare of the Library.
The Library Director is responsible for developing and directing all public relations activities for the purpose of communicating in one clear voice about Library services, issues, activities or events. Therefore, the Director shall:
- Establish guidelines for all public and staff communications
- Establish graphic standards to ensure adherence to the Library’s brand identity
- Advise the Board and staff of community and internal communication issues
- Facilitate partnerships with private and public entities that promote use of, enhance support of, and achieve the mission and strategic goals of the Library
- Identify public relations priorities and objectives, especially for Communications staff
- Approve all Library news releases concerning events, programs and services prior to their release
- Coordinate all efforts to contact or respond to the media
- Designate and approve Library staff to give interviews or respond to the media about specific events, programs or services
Except as otherwise directed by a majority of the Board of Trustees, official statements of the Board shall be limited to the Board President and the Library Director.
Please refer to the Management Policy set for more information.
The Estes Valley Library Public Relations Policy was adopted and approved by the Estes Valley Public Library District Board of Trustees on September 18, 2006, revised on July 20, 2009, reviewed on November 16, 2015, revised April 16, 2018, and reviewed August 16, 2021.
John Krueger, President Pete Johnson, Secretary