Cliffhanger Used Books is open and receiving donations.
Used book donations to the Estes Valley Library Friends & Foundation may be dropped off inside the store site at 191 W. Riverside Drive, located next to the Estes Park Post Office. Book and materials donations are no longer being received at the Library’s Elkhorn Avenue location.
Drop-Off Hours at 191 W. Riverside Drive are:
7 days a week, from 10 AM to 4 PM.
The Estes Valley Library Friends & Foundation used book sales raise tens of thousands of dollars each year to help support programs, services, and special projects that raise library services to a higher standard of excellence. Your generous donations of materials for use in the sales helps to support the library for years to come. You can help us further by not donating materials that will not be used in the sales, and that will cause us to incur costs for disposal.
We welcome donations of gently-used books, DVDs, and music CDs. However the following items are not accepted for book sale donations:
- Books in Poor Condition such as moldy or water logged
- Ex-library Books, Except Children’s, Large Print, or Western/Americana
- Pamphlet-like Recipe or Cookbooks
- Maps or Magazines
- Textbooks or Encyclopedias
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Travel Guides More Than 3 Years Old
- Financial Books More Than 3 Years Old
- Computer Books More Than 3 Years Old
- Health Books More Than 3 Years Old
- VHS or Cassette Tapes