Libby for smartphones and tablets
Overdrive for smartphones and tablets
Step 1: Download the app
Download the OverDrive app from your device’s app store
(App Store for iOS, Play Store for Android, Apps for Kindle Fire) or go to app.overdrive.com
Step 2: Open the app and create an account
Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account and sign in.
If you’re under 13, you may have multiple sign-in options. Learn which under-13 option is right for you.
Step 3: Add the Across Colorado Digital Consortium to your app
In the OverDrive app, tap the icon in the top-left corner to open the Home menu. Tap Manage libraries, then tap + to find your library’s OverDrive website. Note: The Estes Valley Library library will appear on your list as part of the Across Colorado Digital Consortium.
- Tap the star to save your library to your library list.
- Tap your library’s name to start browsing.
- Now, choose the image below that looks like the titles on your library’s website.
Step 4: Sign in to the Across Colorado Digital Consortium
The Overdrive app lets you collect multiple libraries you belong to into one app- that’s why you first sign in to the app, then sign into the library itself.
Sign into the Across Colorado Digital Consortium OverDrive page with your library card and borrow a title.
Step 5: Read
Find borrowed titles on your Checkouts page (under your Account) on your library’s OverDrive website. From there, you can:
- Download/Add EPUB eBooks and MP3 audiobooks directly to the OverDrive app.
- Add streaming videos to the OverDrive app.
- Tap Read to open and read OverDrive Read and MediaDo Reader eBooks right in your browser.
- Tap Listen to open and play OverDrive Listen audiobooks right in your browser (on some devices).
- If you’ve installed the Kindle reading app from the Google Play store, select Download, then Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon’s website and send the book to your Kindle reading app.
For a video overview of how to get started with an Android device, check out OverDrive’s help videos.