We ♥ book clubs!
The Library is here to help your book discussion group find multiple copies of the books you’re reading–and to keep literary discussion thriving in our valley.
It’s as easy as One, Two, or Three
One: Choosing titles for your upcoming discussions?
Two: Didn’t find your title here locally? See if your title is among the HUNDREDS available through the Colorado State Library.
Three: Didn’t find it? We may be able to get it for you through Interlibrary Loan.
- Plan ahead, pick your future titles at least 3 months in advance
- Steer clear of bestsellers due to high demand
- Read the classics
- Get answers to a few frequently asked questions
Looking for a book club to join?
Here are a few book clubs who welcome new members:
- 1917 Book Club (sponsored by the Estes Park Museum). Meets in January, February, and March.
- Being Awareness Book Club (co-sponsored by the Library and Salud Family Health). Meets monthly on Saturday mornings. Registration required.
- Book Broads Book Club @ Elkins Distillery. Meets monthly on Sunday evenings.
- Methodist Women Devotional Book Group. Meets each Tuesday at 4 pm.
- Monday Afternoon Book Club. Meets monthly on the second Monday at 3:30 pm from September through May.
- Monday Morning Book Club. Meets monthly on the first Monday at 8:30 am.
- Pinewood Springs Book Club – Meets one Wednesday per month at 7 pm.
For more information on joining an area book club, contact Cheryl Homan-Wendell, Program & Outreach Librarian, 970-586-8116, ext.823 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other book club resources
The 100 List (from PBS’s The Great American Read)
America’s 100 best-loved novels (as chosen in a national survey).
It is a truth universally acknowledged that an avid reader in possession of a good book must be in want of another.
Monthly book review publication. All of the content from the print edition is posted here.
An online catalog of authors and books for those of us who love to read fiction.
Good Reads’ mission is to help people find and share books they love.
WHAT we read, HOW we read, and HOW we THINK about our reading.
What Should I Read Next
Enter a book you like and the site will provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next.