We read, sing, play, learn and explore through rhymes, songs, bounces in this fun interactive time with your baby ages 0-24 months.
Children ages birth through 6 years and their parents or caregivers come together in a group setting to participate together in activities. Each storytime session features picture books, stories told with flannel boards, puppets, and props as well as music and movement activities to enrich the literacy experience. The purpose of storytime is to help lay the groundwork for language development in a young child’s rapidly growing brain while helping develop an enjoyment of books and reading. Parents are encouraged to actively participate with their children.
Early Childhood Music Workshop
Join Music Therapist, Nancy Bell as she leads parents and caregivers with children ages birth through 6 years old in a musical experience that includes movement, singing and play with musical instruments. This fun, warm and engaging 30 minutes will inspire, calm and lay the foundation for language and learning.
Welcome New Baby
Parents of babies under one year may come to the Service Desk and receive a Baby Book Bag that includes a board book, rhymes and fingerplays booklet, original lullaby CD by Nancy Bell (local Music Therapist), and early literacy resources all in a handmade book bag. Choose English or Spanish.
You are your child’s first teacher. There isn’t a single pathway to school readiness outside of parent involvement. We’re here to help!
- Weekly storytimes are a fun interactive way to teach children Ready for Kindergarten skills such as words, songs and vocabulary.
- Storybook Explorer Kits are offered monthly. Kits include a book and a learning activity inspired by the story.
- Register for 100 books to come straight to your mailbox. email@example.com
- Make monthly visits to the library to check out books part of your family’s routine. The daily habit of reading aloud is the single most important activity to help your child succeed in school and life.
- Join (EVICS) Estes Valley Investment in Childhood Success for monthly family nights.
Ready for Kindergarten 4 Skills:
- LETTER RECOGNITION: Know UPPER and lower case letters
- BEGINNING LETTER SOUNDS: Match a letter with the first sound in a word…B is for bat
- RHYMING: Create words with l ike ending sounds…cat and hat
- VOCABULARY: Know lots of words = understanding what you read