The library has 13 computers available for public access, all located on the 2nd floor. There is no charge for computer use and a library card is not required.
- Eight 30 minute computers
- Four 15 minute ‘Quick Check’ computers
- One Research Station computer, for document scanning and viewing microfilm
All computers allow printing in black and white for 10 cents per page.
Available computer resources include:
- Internet browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Gimp photo editing software
- Inkscape drawing software
- CD/DVD burning drive (see attendant)
- SD card reader
- USB ports for portable hard drives, flash drives or cameras
- Headphones (30 minute computers only)
Library patrons who wish to access the Internet from their own devices may connect to the Estes Valley Library Wi-Fi wireless network. There is no password but users who attach to the network must then open their Internet browser software and agree to the library’s terms of usage before they will be able to use the network. On some devices the acknowledgment page will pop up automatically. Printing is not available from personal machines. There is no charge for wireless access.
The second floor of the library closes 15 minutes before the rest of the facility. Library computers will become unavailable when the second floor closes. Wireless access is available 24 hours per day both inside and outside the library building.
Library patrons are warned that both wireless and library computer users are accessing an unsecured public network. All data is vulnerable to access by others. Guard your confidential information by not working with material that is confidential on any public network.