The Estes Valley Library is pleased to host the House Calls program, providing library services to Estes Valley residents who are unable to visit the library because of:
- Short or Long-term illness
- Physical Challenges
- Visual Limitations
- Non-driver status (Senior)
- Caregivers whose responsibilities make library visits difficult
The program matches patrons with library materials: including books (regular and Large Print), DVDs, audio books, magazines, and interlibrary loan services.
Delivery/pick-up is usually every two to four weeks.
House Calls Protocol
- Deliveries are offered on the first and third Friday of each month.
- Due dates are not enforced with House Calls patrons. Patrons are welcome to keep their items a little longer if needed.
- There’s no need to worry about the Library account; a staff member will monitor the account, and renew items if needed.
- If a patron has finished using our materials prior to a delivery date, the items will not be picked up until the following scheduled delivery; again, deliveries are offered on the first and third Friday of each month.
Colorado Talking Books Library
The Colorado Talking Book Library (CTBL) is a free library service that loans audio, braille, and large pring books to people unable to read or handle print books. Special audio players and much of the content is delivered by mail (free of charge) to the patron. Talking Books are not JUST for the blind.
To make arrangements, contact Gretel Bock at (970) 586-8116, ext. 827. If you would like to contact the Colorado Talking Books directly, please call (800) 685-2136.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up for House Calls? If you/or somebody you know are interested in receiving House Calls service, please call the library at 970-586-8116 and ask for Gretel or extension 827.
How do I know I will get materials I enjoy? Before bringing materials to your home, the House Calls Librarian will call to schedule an interview. At the first meeting, areas of interest will be discussed to provide a better understanding as to what types of authors and books you prefer. Specific requests are always encouraged.
When will you be visiting? Once we have met to discuss what you like we will schedule a time to visit your home to deliver materials. Home visits are usually scheduled once or twice a month.
How long may I borrow the items you bring me? The lending periods for all items through the House Calls Program are the same as those for all patrons. You may renew your materials twice, as long as no other patron is waiting for them.
Is there any charge associated with homebound service? No. Our service is free. Since we schedule pickup of matierals, you will not accrue overdue charges. You are responsible, however, for any loss or damages to library materials you borrow.