Click “Print this page” in the top right corner of this page to print a copy.
COVID-19 Notice from the AARP Foundation
Before your appointment, please review the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide 2022 Covid-19 Notice for Onsite Service and ensure you are able to comply with the requirements.
What to Know
- Patrons should pick up and complete their intake forms prior to their appointment.
- Tax returns will be completed using a same-day drop-off method with the patron initially meeting with a volunteer to obtain all information.
- After the intake interview, you will be asked to leave your inventoried documents with the volunteers who will prepare and review the return while you wait elsewhere in the library or nearby.
- You will be contacted to come back in and meet with another volunteer to review and sign your returns for e-filing.
- Vaccinations are highly recommended (all tax volunteers have been vaccinated to the fullest extent.) Work spaces will be sanitized between appointments.
- Patrons must wear a mask!
- The AARP Tax assistance program may cease without notice and every effort will be made to reschedule appointments if this happens.
What to Pick Up Before Your Appointment
Pick up your intake packet at the Library front desk in advance, if possible. Fill out everything you can and bring it to your appointment with the items listed below.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Bring the following items to your appointment:
- All tax forms, preferably legible copies (copier available at library)
- Signed (both if joint return) Taxpayer Consent Form 14446 to allow this service
- Completed intake packet, Form 13614-C, with signed consents as desired
- Photo ID – Driver’s license or state ID preferred
- Social Security verification for everyone on return
- 2021 and 2020 (or most recent) tax return (if at all possible)
- Letters from the IRS stating the amount of stimulus and/or Advanced Child Tax Credit received.
- Identity PIN (IPPN) issued by IRS (if applicable)
- Bank account information (Voided Check) if any refunds are expected (voided check best, deposit slip only if savings account)
- Power of Attorney for someone not able to come to the library
Below is the procedure for how the AARP Tax Assist Program will operate during COVID-19.
Need to cancel your appointment or reschedule?
Contact the library at 970-586-8116 or email email@example.com for help cancelling and rescheduling appointments.