If you have searched our catalog and the item or items you are looking for are not available there are a couple ways we can fulfill your request:
Suggest a Purchase
If you would like an item added to the library’s collection you may suggest we purchase the title.
Library card holders can request materials from other libraries using our SWIFT system. Please refer to the Interlibrary Loan Policy for additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take? It takes an average of 10 days.
- How many items can I request? Up to seven (7) may be active at one time.
- How much does it cost? Requests filled within Colorado are free. Requests filled out of state cost $5 each and require patron’s pre-approval of payment before processing.
- What types of items are not available through Interlibrary Loan? Items owned by the Estes Valley Library, best sellers, new releases, and downloadable items.
- How will I know my item has arrived? You will be notified by phone or e-mail when the item arrives.
- How long is the loan period? Loan periods vary and are determined by the lending library.
- Can I renew my interlibrary loan? No.
- What if I cannot find what I want in SWIFT? Complete the Create a Request form in SWIFT, and we will search for the item for you.
Book Club Request
Use this request form if you and your book club members need multiple copies of a title for a future book club discussion.